2016 was monumental. 2017 will be bigger. In response, we are creating a new politics, together.
This year is shaping up to be yet another significant year in global politics: The fourth industrial revolution continues to impact our economies and societies, the UN has a new General Secretary, Britain continues its Brexit negotiations, the US will inaugurate Donald Trump as its 45th President, and 55 elections are scheduled. (Ones to watch include France, Germany, Iran, South Korea, and Hong Kong. China will also hold a Communist Party congress.) Meanwhile wars rage on in the Middle East, climate change is questioned, Russia has been accused of hacking, and the refugee crisis continues.
Our role in all of this is to organise and create a new politics, one that is led by citizens in every continent driven by a global mindset, with the mission to improve the state of the world.
To do so, we will carry on building the four pillars of a new politics:
- Community — Build a global group of people who want to improve the state of the world
- Philosophy — Create a new political philosophy fit for our age
- Education — Educate each other about current and future politics
- Politech — Develop political technologies to improve politics
Here’s what’s coming up on The Fourth Group calendar:
- January 28th, 1–3pm: Community Meetup (Paris)
- February 8th, 6.30–9pm: Cyber Security Workshop (London)— get your discounted early bird tickets before 15 Jan here
- March: Conversation — How can we brand a new politics? (London)
- Q2 2017: Politech Hackathon (Paris)
- Q3 2017: Launch of the Essay Prize 2017
- Q4 2017: Inaugural Annual Global Summit — The Future of Politics
Excited much? We definitely are.
- Invite your friends to join our Facebook group – the bigger we are the stronger we are.
- Share this link on your Facebook and Twitter: “I’ve joined @thefourthgroup to create a new politics in the context of the fourth industrial revolution. Join me. https://www.facebook.com/groups/thefourthgroup/.”
We look forward to creating a new politics with you, together.
If you have any questions, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.